Saturday, March 21, 2015

Brian Crowell Challenges Head of California Federation of Teachers to Repudiate PAR



My name is Brian Crowell. I have been actively investigating  discrimination  produced by PAR ( Peer Assistance and Review) for the last 3 years. My data base keeps growing and shows overt discrimination of against Veteran Teachers and Teachers of Color among those referred to PAR in cities throughout Calfornia.

I am live blogging from the CFT Convention. I ran into CFT President Joshua Pechault. I told him "you have a problem with PAR". I said I 'm Brian Crowell. He said "yes I know who you are, you filed that case with PERB ( Public Employment Relations Board"...
I ran down to him the overt cost cutting that districts have used in referring veteran teachers to PAR. I explained to him how management is not barging in good faith with their overt cost cutting through PAR and  the racial discrimination that has occurred as a result of teachers of color being pushed into the program. He mostly looked down at his feet as he listened. He acknowledged all of my salient points. 

In the end he said he would follow the case (a case he was already following) which set the a precedent for academic freedom in the State of California. Bottom line; Pechault is resorting to bureaucratoic measures to avoid dealing with this issue. My union friend delegate tried to get a resolution to the CFT Floor to oppose PAR. It was blocked by the Rules Chair. She will try again tomorrow but CFT openly supports age and racial discrimination with PAR.
In closing. I'm a member of NEA and AFT and I can't get representation for my informal settlement conference. The fight continues...

No comments: