"Let Kids Be Kids!"
1. Restore Recess. No use of Recess or Physical Education time for Test prep
2. Cut the state testing budget in half and use the money to lower
class size and fund arts programs, sports programs and school
3. No Data Sharing. No information about children can be
shared with anyone outside of the school district without parental
4 Create a new Education
Policy Committee to replace the Education Reform Commission, and require
it to have a majority of currently active teachers and parents
5. End the use of student test scores in teacher evaluations.
6. Cancel all State Education Contracts with for profit companies
7. Stop all School Closings- Help Schools in Trouble, Don't Close Them
8. End state support for the Common Core Standards- Leave that decision up to each individual school district.
9. Multiply the number of portfolio schools which require no tests at
all. Let teachers and parents form them within the public school system,
not as charters
10. Bring back vocational and technical education into every school district if parents and teachers support it
11. Withdraw from Race to the Top and take no Federal Funds that require more testing or adoption of Common Core Standards
12. Make sure all schools, especially those in high poverty areas, have strong after school programs.
13, Make Community History welcome in the schools.
14. Encourage the creation of school farms and gardens.
15. Exempt special needs students from all state tests and require that they get instruction appropriate to their developmental level and aptitudes