Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Message to My Fordham Family

To My Fordham Family

On the morning of this day of celebration, I want to take the opportunity to thank you for the privilege of teaching you, working with you, and counting you as friends.

Thanks to you, I get up every day fired to go to work, inspired to learn new things, and hopeful of applying what I have learned to creating a more just society and a more peaceful world.

Don't worry. I have no plans to retire any time soon! But I just had to express my gratitude to all of you because you are in large part responsible for my having a life so filled with joy and meaning

One final thing. When I came to Fordham in 1970, Columbia was the biggest center of student activism in New York City. But that is no longer the case. During the latest round of demonstrations associated with Occupy Wall Street, Fordham was more visible than Columbia!

I am very proud of that, and very proud of all of you

Happy Thanksgiving

Love, Dr Naison

No comments: