Friday, January 24, 2014
A Program for Urban Schools- Do Mayoral Candidates in Your City Support These?
1. Stop School Closings Immediately- Fix Troubled Schools Don't Close Them.
2. End all Contracts with Teacher of America.
3. Three year moratorium on new Charter Schools. Evaluate existing ones.
4. Make Recess Sacred! No test prep during recess or physical education.
5. Fund Pre-K and After School Programs- Schools in High Needs Communities should be Open 6 AM to 9 PM.
6. Cut Testing to fund arts, sports, school counselors and school libraries.
7. Open schools to the community for meetings and public events. Make parents and family members welcome in schools
8. Encourage community history and culturally appropriate pedagogy.
9. Create incentives to encourage talented veteran teachers and principals to work in high needs schools, and live in the communities they teach in.
Posted by Mark Naison at 2:02 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment