Here is my short program for improving public education in NYC which I am presenting at BK nation forum tonight
1. Cut testing budget in half and use funds to lower class size
2. Stop school gradings and school closings
3. Triple the number of portfolio schools in NYC exempt from all state tests
4. No testing below grade-3. Exemption of ELL and special needs students from state tests
5. Withdraw from Common Core. Let teachers develop curriculum.
6. Fund arts, agriculture and community history
7. Reinvest in technical and vocational education
8. No evaluation of teachers based on student test scores
9. RECESS IS SACRED! KIDS NEED PLAY AND EXERCISE!